Ten years ago, the smartphone was in infancy, tablet computers as they are today did not exist, and most business was conducted in person or in ways that seem tedious today. The access to business information and applications through mobile devices has grown exponentially, and there is no sign that this will stop. Apple’s iPhone and iPad running iOS and smartphones running Google Android are dominating the mobile business market, due to their flexibility and ease-of-use.
Firms around the world are now seeing how the mobile revolution will change the workplace. Meetings can be conducted in real time, with attendees residing in countries thousands of miles away. Multinational business have much to gain. Reduced travel costs, greater efficiency, and easy access to terabytes of information are already fundamentally changing the way businesses operate. Mobile technology is making these businesses more profitable. In a fast-paced world, employees are increasingly wanting to work for more flexible companies. The mobile revolution may give employers an edge in making their workplaces more desirable and in retaining talent.
Share This On Your Website
Facts To Tweet
- Did you know 98% of small businesses use wireless or mobile technology in their operations? Tweet This Fact
- Did you know 66% of small businesses state they could not survive without mobile technology? Tweet This Fact
- Did you know the first mobile telephone call was made in 1946? Tweet This Fact
- Did you know the first commercial cell phone call was made in 1983? Tweet This Fact
- Did you know the first camera phone photo was taken in 1997 by Philippe Kahn during the birth of his daughter? Tweet This Fact